Details: Software Option 7-8
For students who want a parent or guardian to be their primary instructor (using district-purchased and provided software), working with a teacher mentor, who checks in with each student and/or guardian monthly, and provides Pass/Fail term grades on report cards.
Content Delivery & Instruction
- Students will be assigned to a mentor teacher, who will work directly with the student and parent to support learning.
- Parent leads instruction, using district-purchased software.
- Davis Connect uses district adopted digital software curriculum.
- Edmentum Courseware (grades 6-8)
- Teacher of record (mentor) will monitor progress weekly and will check in with student and parent monthly.
- Parents will create an enrichment/remediation plan which includes instructional activities to supplement student learning. This plan will be approved by the mentor teacher.
- Students will participate in all required district and state standardized testing.
- Assignments can be reviewed by the teacher mentor for feedback to help parents personalize learning needs for the individual student.
- Assessments that receive a score below 60% will be reset to give another opportunity to show mastery.
- Students will have the opportunity to self-assess their progress and set learning goals.
- Students can expect to spend a minimum of 4 hours per day to complete academic course work and maintain grade level pacing, as outlined by the software provider guidelines.
- Parents can expect to spend a minimum of 2 hours of preparation time in addition to spending 4 hours teaching their student per day.
- Ten-minute mentor meetings are scheduled at least twice monthly.
- Students who are behind grade-level pacing, will meet with the teacher mentor to create a re-engagement plan.
- Students who have not been active in a course for ten consecutive school days may be dropped from Davis Connect
- Students with a 504 plan or Special Education Individualized Education Plan (IEP) will have their accommodations provided.
- IEP services will be provided by their case manager, with a combination of general education and special education class time.
- Prior to enrolling with Davis Connect, the IEP team at the boundary school will meet to determine appropriate service, program, and location.
- Optional in-person activities, field trips, assemblies, dances, etc. will be scheduled throughout the year.
- Students can also participate in eSports, virtual clubs, and online activities.
- If desired, students can participate in athletics through their boundary school
Comparison Charts (Click to Enlarge PDF)
Davis Connect 7-12 Course Listing (Click to Enlarge PDF)
CORE: English, Math, Science, Social Studies (ONLY)