Details: Online Classroom 7-12
For students who want to work directly with an online teacher and peers, attending live virtual learning sessions (or watching the posted playbacks of the recorded learning sessions, if needed), learning and submitting assignments through Canvas within regular term deadlines.
Content Delivery & Instruction
- Students will be assigned a dedicated core content teacher (English, Math, Science, Social Studies).
- Teachers will hold bi-weekly live online instructional sessions, in which students will participate live or may watch the recording on their own schedule, if needed.
- Teachers will also arrange online meetings for individual students or small groups for additional academic support.
- Davis Connect follows the Davis Essential Skills & Knowledge (DESK) standards for each content area.
- Students will participate in all required district and state standardized testing
- Based on student performance in each subject area, personalized learning plans for reteaching or enrichment will be designed.
- Students will be given opportunities to choose how they will demonstrate mastery of the standards.
- Students will receive prompt, personalized, and specific feedback from their teacher.
- Students will have the opportunity to self-assess their progress and set learning goals.
- Students will have a variety of course options to choose from, including core classes in Online Classroom (O.C.) and a blend of elective courses from Independent Study (I.S.) or A La Carte (A.L.C.), as well as classes at their boundary school or other SEOP providers.
- Students can expect to spend a minimum of 6 hours per day to complete academic course work for their 4 core classes and 2-3 electives.
- Students are expected to check in monthly or more often with their Student Success Mentor.
- Students who are behind grade level pacing must participate in small group online sessions for academic support.
- Students who have not been actively engaging in a course for ten days may be dropped from the course and/or Davis Connect.
- Parent Teacher Conferences (approximately 15 minutes each) will be held online 2-3 times a year.
- Students with a 504 plan or Special Education Individualized Education Plan (IEP) will have their accommodations provided.
- IEP services will be provided by their case manager, with a combination of general education and special education class time.
- Prior to enrolling with Davis Connect, the IEP team at the boundary school will meet to determine appropriate service, program, and location.
- Optional in-person activities, field trips, assemblies, dances, etc. will be scheduled throughout the year.
- Students can also participate in eSports, virtual clubs, and online activities.
- If desired, students can participate in athletics through their boundary school.