Details: A La Carte Independent Study 7-12
For students who want a few online classes to get ahead, make room in their schedule and/or make up missing credit.
Content Delivery & Instruction
- Parent acts as instructional guide (learning coach) using district provided courses in Canvas.
- Teacher of record will monitor student progress through the course, answer questions about the content, and provide feedback and scores on all assessments.
- Students will participate in district standardized testing at their boundary school.
- Students will have a variety of course options to choose from.
- Student can work ahead and complete courses at their own pace.
- Students are expected to maintain a minimum pacing consistent with the recommended due dates on all assessments in the course.
- Students who have not be active in a course for ten days may be dropped from the course.
- Students with a 504 plan or SPED Individualized Education Plan will have their accommodations provided.
- Prior to enrolling in an Independent Study course, the student’s IEP file manager should be consulted to determine if this course option will meet the needs of the student.
- No in-person activities will be offered.
To view a 2-page list of courses available:
We are updating our course listing regularly, please check again each week for an updated course list.