Navigate to: https://www.ktsutah.org/ucaw for more information
Task 1: Apply to Colleges
Click on the links below to apply to Utah colleges, or search the web for the application for out of state colleges. Use the fee waiver codes on the board, if applicable.
Weber State University (use this link ONLY if you are NOT a CE student)
Task 2: CE Status Switch (for concurrent enrollment students)
If you think there is ANY chance you will attend Weber State, please complete the status switch:
2. Click on the "Admissions" tab on the left sidebar
3. Click on the Status Switch icon and complete the form
4. Select YES, you will be attending WSU for the upcoming fall, even if you're not sure. You can defer scholarships after you receive them.
Task 3: Order Your Transcripts
- If you need a transcript printed out for scholarships or other purposes, here are two options:
- Come to the counselors office (Layton Elementary portables) to pick up printed transcript
- Order an electronic transcript for $4.95 on Parchment:
Task 4: Explore Scholarships and Financial Aid
Task 5: Create a FSA ID (for the FAFSA)
School counselors recommend that EVERY student apply for the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid), even if you think you won't qualify. There are many other ways to receive money that require a FAFSA application, such as various private and institutional scholarships. Follow these instructions to complete the FIRST step to completing the FAFSA: creating an FSA ID:
- Go to https://fsaid.ed.gov/npas/index.htm
- Create a SIMPLE safe key (examples: 1111, 1234, etc) to save progress and login on multiple computers
- Use a PERMANENT email address (NOT your dsd email). Do NOT use a parent's email, or anyone else's. It must be yours.
- Register your mobile phone for password recovery.
Task 6: Update your 4-year plan on mydsd
Follow the link to update your information about colleges you applied to, college majors, and career goals. This will help your counselor get you information about scholarships, camps, and programs that would be of interest to you. https://mydsd.davis.k12.ut.us/Account/Login?ReturnUrl=%2f
If you are not interested in working on applications,
you can choose from the activities below
Activity 1: Practice filling out a job application
Activity 2: Build a resume
Activity 3: Interest Assessment
Activity 4: Narrow down career choices
Other Helpful Resources
NCAA Registration and Requirements:
Please note, no courses are approved for NCAA at Davis Connect right now
Start Filling our the FAFSA (application for federal aid)
Helpful tips for applying for scholarships