- Course Registration Instructions
- Course Request Planning Sheets
- Taking Classes at Your Boundary School
- Classes Not Found Request
When you are enrolled in our school, we need to know the online classes you want to take from us.
Here is how to complete a course request for a Davis Connect schedule:
FIRST: Pick the online "Course Request" form for your grade and complete it:
- 7th Grade: https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=dPKcPX5U9UqN3gGmNuC2B_wSFMPneW9Iqy30w4JaTENUQVJIRDdZQlZUOVVKRVM1UThCSlVZS0FLSC4u
- 8th Grade: https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=dPKcPX5U9UqN3gGmNuC2B_wSFMPneW9Iqy30w4JaTENUMEhWVVJITlI2OEozNU9WUVFUNExEVzNMMS4u
- 9th Grade: https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=dPKcPX5U9UqN3gGmNuC2B_wSFMPneW9Iqy30w4JaTENUQjJITTlBTDVXRVI1TFdTWVVKMFBJVTY2Ny4u
- 10th Grade: https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=dPKcPX5U9UqN3gGmNuC2B_wSFMPneW9Iqy30w4JaTENUODVTMDhEUUZaM0wxOE9NMUFCNEYzOFRNVC4u
- 11th Grade: https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=dPKcPX5U9UqN3gGmNuC2B_wSFMPneW9Iqy30w4JaTENURU1WTTA1SERSUTU0TEZMVTk4OVYyN0c2Ui4u
- 12th Grade: https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=dPKcPX5U9UqN3gGmNuC2B_wSFMPneW9Iqy30w4JaTENUMjhLMjg1QVZCM1RXODY0VENHTkNaMU1OVi4u
NEXT: Your counselor will use your Course Requests to build you a schedule. Schedules will be viewable in myDSD once all schedules are finalized.
To prepare, start planning on what courses you would like to take.
Use Appropriate Course Request Form to Schedule Online Classes:
While you will be taking all your core courses (English, math, science, social studies) through Davis Connect, you may be able to take some specialty courses at your previous Davis School District boundary/variance-approved school.
THIS IS COMPLETELY OPTIONAL: YOU do NOT need to select any classes at your local school and can take ALL classes through Davis Connect.
Note to Variance Students: If you were approved for a variance, you must take at least one class at your variance-approved school to retain the variance. Due to the long waiting list for variances, if you take classes full time at Davis Connect, you will lose your variance.
Regarding courses you would like to REQUEST to take at your previous/boundary school, here are some points to know:
- Classes at your previous/boundary school are NOT GUARANTEED. Course requests to attend specialty courses should be made in the Counseling Center at your previous/boundary school. The counselor or principal at the boundary school will make the decision on the classes.
- Given the need for socially-distanced classrooms, requests may be approved on a limited basis. However, an alternate type of class may be found for you. For example, a student may request a Theatre 3 class.
- If denied, we will find an ONLINE alternate Fine Arts credit-bearing class to replace it.
- AP and CE courses will be offered online through a variety of schools and teachers in Davis District. If you choose to return to your boundary school at the term or semester, but before the AP or CE course has concluded, you will still be enrolled in the online version of the course affiliated with whatever location it is being offered – this means all payments and testing information will be associated with that school/teacher. You will not be transferred into the same course at your boundary school.
- Students who are taking specialty courses at their previous/boundary school will generally follow the school’s direction on days of attendance:
- All students taking courses through their local school will have remote learning activities on the alternating days and Friday.
- Students will be expected to complete any remote learning lessons and assignments for the courses when they are not attending in person (including Friday).
OPTIONAL: If there is a class that you were planning to take that is not found on our course listing, please click on this link and let us know the name of the class(es) that was not found on the registration site: Classes Not Listed Request Form
This is not a guarantee that we will be able to offer it, but we will look into where the course is offered and if it is a possibility we can add the course in the future.