- Course Request Planning Sheets
- Course Registration Instructions
- Taking Classes at Your Boundary School
- Classes Not Found Request
To prepare, start planning on what courses you would like to take.
Use our Course Request Planning Sheets to help!
When you are enrolled in our school, we need to know the classes you want to take from us.
Unfortunately, if you have already submitted a course request form with your previous school, you will need to do it again. We will need you to pick the courses available with Davis Connect. Here is how to complete a course request for a Davis Connect schedule:
- First, review the list of Davis Connect course request forms under the "Course Request Planning Sheets" section (above).
- Next, print out the corresponding grade's Course Request form.
- Circle the classes you want or write them in the boxes on the form. (If there are classes you want that are not offered here, you can fill out the form in the bottom link below.)
- Email the marked up Course Request form to your Counselor.
- Your counselor will use your Course Requests to build you a schedule. Schedules will be viewable in myDSD once all schedules are finalized.
- Last Names A-Gra: Kirstin Butt, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Last Names Gre-N: Andrea Graham, AndGraham@dsdmail.net
- Last Names O-Z: Kim Nielson, KiNielson@dsdmail.net
**If you do not have a printer, you can just email the list of classes and course numbers you want to take
While you will be taking all your core courses (English, math, science, social studies) through Davis Connect, you may be able to take some specialty courses at your previous Davis School District boundary/variance-approved school.
THIS IS COMPLETELY OPTIONAL: YOU do NOT need to select any classes at your local school and can take ALL classes through Davis Connect.
Note to Variance Students: If you were approved for a variance, you must take at least one class at your variance-approved school to retain the variance. Due to the long waiting list for variances, if you take classes full time at Davis Connect, you will lose your variance.
Regarding courses you would like to REQUEST to take at your previous/boundary school, here are some points to know:
- Complete this form to request elective classes from your boundary/variance-approved schools: Elective Classes from Boundary/Variance-approved School Request Form
- Classes at your previous/boundary school are NOT GUARANTEED. Course requests to attend specialty courses at your previous/boundary school will go to the junior high or high school for approval.
- Given the need for socially-distanced classrooms, requests may be approved on a limited basis. However, an alternate type of class may be found for you. For example, a student may request a Theatre 3 class.
- If denied, we will find an alternate Fine Arts credit-bearing class to replace it.
- If approved, Davis Connect counselors will add the course to your schedule.
- AP and CE courses will be offered online through a variety of schools and teachers in Davis District. If you choose to return to your boundary school at the term or semester, but before the AP or CE course has concluded, you will still be enrolled in the online version of the course affiliated with whatever location it is being offered – this means all payments and testing information will be associated with that school/teacher. You will not be transferred into the same course at your boundary school.
- Students who are taking specialty courses at their previous/boundary school will generally follow the school’s direction on days of attendance for the hybrid schedule:
- Students with last names A-K attend in person classes Monday (Aday) and Wednesday (Bday).
- Students with last names L-Z attend in person classes Tuesday (Aday) and Thursday (Bday).
- Students will also be expected to complete any remote learning lessons and assignments for the courses when they are not attending in person (including Friday).
- All students taking courses through their local school will have remote learning activities on the alternating days and Friday.
OPTIONAL: If there is a class that you were planning to take that is not found on our course listing, please click on this link and let us know the name of the class(es) that was not found on the registration site: Classes Not Listed Request Form
This is not a guarantee that we will be able to offer it, but we will look into where the course is offered and if it is a possibility we can add the course in the future.