Welcome to the Davis Connect Counseling Center!
Dear Davis Connect Parents and Students,
I wanted to take a second and introduce myself. I'm the new Davis Connect K-12 School Counselor and I'm so excited to be here. This school year will be my 12th year as a School Counselor. I started my career in Ogden School District and moved down to NLJH last year. I've worked as a counselor in elementary, junior high, and high school and love every age. The students are really the best part of my job! I promise to do my very best to take care of your needs at any of those grade levels.
I'm sure you have a ton of questions about how this is all going to work, so I thought I'd share with you what I know.
- If you registered through the district website and received an email confirmation, you are IN! We've had a lot of people worrying about whether they are officially enrolled or not. As long as you got that email back, you are. Also, it's a good sign that you are receiving THIS email since that means your student(s) is enrolled with us.
- If you are a new student to Davis School District, please work on getting all your paperwork in. However, don't feel that you need to have it all done by August 1. We should be good as long as we get it by August 15th.
- Refer to the Enrollment page for all the paperwork that needs to be turned in.
- Once your enrollment has been processed, your fees will show up in myDSD. If you try paying fees prior to us completing your enrollment, you will actually be paying your previous school's fees. Fees should be paid by September 1st.
- Also regarding fees, anything that remains unpaid from the former school, from previous school years, will remain owing and need to be paid before graduation.
- I know many of you are anxious about schedules. We are still finalizing all of the classes we have available to offer our students and are adding a few more. Once that is finalized, we will be sending you instructions on how to complete your course request. The course request will be what we use to create a class schedule. We anticipate to start this process in mid-August.
Thanks so much for all of your patience as we embark on this exciting journey together! I'm excited to serve our 4000 students! We are so happy to be here for families who need an online school option. I believe we have the best of the best working here for your students. Please contact me with any other questions or concerns and I'll do my best to track down answers for you.