- Summer School Important Dates
- Course Options
- Summer School Tuition Fees
- Register for Davis Connect Summer School
- Student Instructions to Register for Summer School Courses
- 7th-8th Grade Core Course Review
- APRIL 11 - Davis Connect Summer School Registration Opens (complete the survey in your Student’s myDSD)
- MAY 27 - Priority Registration Date for a Davis Connect Summer Class (for class to be open in Canvas by June 6)
NOTE: If registered after May 27, classes are not guaranteed to be available in Canvas by June 6, but will be enrolled as quickly as possible
JUNE 6 - Summer School Begins
JUNE 13 - Payment Assessed via myDSD for Davis Connect Summer School Courses (courses not paid for by June 30 will be dropped) – See Summer School Tuition Information
JUNE 30 - Payment DUE via myDSD for Davis Connect Summer School Courses (courses not paid for by June 30 will be dropped) – See Summer School Tuition Information
AUGUST 5 - Summer School Ends (NOTE: NO EXTENSIONS will be given. Classes that are not completed will be dropped from the student’s schedule after that date and will not show up on the student’s transcript)
AUGUST 10 - Summer School Grades Posted
AFTER AUGUST 10 - Incomplete Classes Dropped from Student’s Schedule/Transcript
AFTER AUGUST 10 - Honors Designations Made on Transcripts
AFTER AUGUST 10 - Release of Transcripts for Charter or Private School Students
Students register for courses in their myDSD by selecting which courses they want to be enrolled in. Students may choose up to FOUR term courses in two subjects at a time.
A LA CARTE (ALC) – this is an independent study online course, where students work independently with no live sessions, but the student can email the teacher with questions. These courses are term courses, where students can earn .25 credits per course. If a student is looking to get a full year of credit (1.0) for a course, the student should sign up for all 4 terms (T1, T2, T3 and T4) of a yearlong course, or for both terms (T1 and T2) of a semester course (.5 credit).
NOTE: To sign up for HONORS CREDIT for core classes, the student will sign up for the regular core (English, Math, Science, Social Studies) ALC class and request from the teacher to be assigned the Honors module. Students who complete the Honors module for the class and fulfill the Honors requirements, will have a change of designation to Honors made on their transcript.
LIST of the Davis Connect Credit Recovery Courses for 2022
CREDIT RECOVERY (CR) – this is an independent study online course, where students work independently with no live sessions, but the student can email the teacher with questions. Credit Recovery courses are designed to review and assess a student’s mastery of a skills in the subject. The length of the course is based on how much knowledge the student can demonstrate on the subject. Students who successfully complete the Credit Recovery course will receive a Passing “P” grade and .25 (1 term) graduation credit on their transcript per course.
NOTE: There are no Honors Credit Recovery courses and Credit Recovery courses do not replace grades for the original course on the transcript.
The Summer School Tuition fees (listed below) will be placed in the myDSD account and are payable online. Summer School Tuition fees must be paid by June 30. Courses not paid for by June 30 will be dropped. Please contact email@example.com if there are any payment questions or concerns.
Current DSD Students (and NEW DSD Enrolled Students for 2022-23 School Year) in Grades 6-12:
$25.00 per term course (.25 credits)
EXAMPLE: The completion of a full-year course (T1, T2, T3, and T4) will cost $100.00.
EXAMPLE: The completion of a semester course (T1 and T2) will cost $50.00.
Out-of-District Students in Grades 6-12:
OUT-OF-DISTRICT INCLUDES CHARTER OR PRIVATE SCHOOLS IN DAVIS COUNTY: North Davis Prep Academy, Syracuse Arts Academy, NUAMES, etc.
$45.00 per term course (.25 credits)
EXAMPLE: The completion of a full-year course (T1, T2, T3, and T4) will cost $180.00.
EXAMPLE: The completion of a semester course (T1 and T2) will cost $90.00.
Current Davis School District Students CLICK HERE and sign into your student's myDSD account (under Surveys) to register.
Out-of-District Students Please Complete the Pre-registration form HERE
NEW DSD Enrolled Students for 2022-23 School Year – Contact your boundary school to be enrolled earlier than the normal new student registration in August. Then email firstname.lastname@example.org so we can manually allow you access to summer school options.
- Student will login to the myDSD account
- Use the “Tools” tab menu to select “Surveys”
- Choose Course Type: Credit Recovery or A La Cart/Independent Study
- Select Course/s
- Click “Submit”
- *No confirmation email is sent, but students can repeat the process above to view, add, or change course selection through May 27th. Students will have access to their Canvas course/s on Monday, June 6th
- Parents/guardians may request that their 7th or 8th grade Davis School District student review a previously taken core subject course content and standards in preparation for the upcoming school year.
- To request for your student to review a core course during the summer, please complete this form: https://forms.office.com/r/WTJB0Av0aY
- These courses will be in Canvas, but will not be associated with myDSD, do not generate/replace a grade, will not show on the student's school transcript, and will not provide graduation credit.
- These courses will cost $25 per term (totaling $100 for all 4 terms of the full-year course). This $100 fee will be assessed by June 13 via the student's myDSD account after the summer session has started June 6. Payment is due by June 30, 2022--courses not paid for by this date will be dropped.
- By requesting this course, your student will be added to 4 separate Canvas courses (one for each term of content) and have access to the content for the core subject to review throughout the summer school session.
- You should receive an email after May 27, 2022 with an enrollment code for your student to join each term of the requested course. If you do not receive an email by June 3, 2022, please email email@example.com.
- Courses will be available in Canvas on June 6, 2022.